As a motion graphics generalist, I have worked on every aspect of the motion process from scripting through sound mixing. While my focus is currently on motion design, I have an extensive background behind the camera. My early career was spent shooting and editing countless videos, which help inform my storytelling, staging, and pacing in the motion world today. My educational background is in Art and Design, so transitioning my focus to Motion Graphics came very naturally. On occasion, I do step out from behind the Wacom tablet to write and direct a music video or short film.
Prior to the name change, I worked on a range of projects both as my own company, Middlebranch Productions, Inc. and as a freelance contractor for numerous Chicago agencies. My motion graphics and editing work have included pieces for The American Dental Association, Subway, Google, CVS, Wrigley, Wheat Thins, Nascar, The US Open, Craftsman Tools, PBS, Diageo, Mountain Dew, The Alzheimer’s Association, Aflac, Devry University, John Deere, and Hilton Hotels.
Bill Netherlands (my real name is Bill Holland) is an alias I adopted a long time ago. While rebranding my video production company, formerly Middlebranch Productions, Inc., a fellow designer suggested I use the identity and it stuck.
- Silver Telly Award – Craft -Mixed Media “ADA Seal: Testing”
- Silver Telly Award – Craft -Mixed Media “ADA Seal: Workout”
- Gold Communicator Award – Online Video – Individual Animation (ADA)
- Silver Communicator Award – Craft – Use of Animation (ADA)
- Bronze Telly Award – Craft: Best use of Animation (ADA)
- Davey Award – Silver Winner – Category: Craft – Best Use of Animation (ADA)
- W3 Silver Award – Online Video – Animation (ADA)
- Flick Film Festival – Official Selection – Narrative Short Film
- Excel Award: Gold – Promotional content: advertisement single piece
- MAB Award: 2nd place PSA
- White House Communications Agency – Certificate of Appreciation
- Kennedy Center KCACTF Award – Music Composition – The Laramie Project